By Indira Midha
Growing up in the ending years of the 1990’s and early 2000’s, I experienced some awesome music in my household through several different technologies. From my mom’s old yellow Walkman, to our household 5-disc CD player, to my lime green Discman, to my light blue iPod Shuffle; I was always jamming out somehow. My dad sang some of these songs in the morning before school, and others I’d belt out in the streets while walking around Madrid with my cousins each summer. I had a lovely childhood, and I love to relive it through music. Here are 10 special songs that remind me of my childhood.
You can listen to this playlist on The Spread‘s Spotify account, thespreaduiuc! Enjoy!
10 Songs From My Childhood
1) “Don’t Know Why” by Norah Jones (2002)
2) Go, Go, Go, Ale, Ale, Ale by Ricky Martin (1998)
3) “If I Ain’t Got You” by Alicia Keys (2003)
4) “I’ll Be There (For You)” by The Rembrandts (1995)
5) Imagine by John Lennon (1971)
6) Landslide by The Dixie Chicks (2002)
7) Long Time Gone by The Dixie Chicks (2002)
8) Oops!…I Did It Again by Britney Spears (2000)
9) Yeah! by Usher feat. Lil John and Ludacris (2004)
10) You Are So Beautiful by Joe Cocker (1999)
Graphic courtesy of Indira Midha