By Carmen Castillo
This September, we had the pleasure of having Nev Schulman, Host of MTV’s hit show Catfish, host a lecture series on campus. Yes, you read that right. Nev Schulman was on campus! I can honestly say that I walked away from his speech with five new life lessons learned, and I am going to share them with you.
- Life without underwear is LIFE – One of the most important parts of Nev’s lecture was when he told us that he no longer wears underwear. He said it was the best thing ever and he definitely suggests it.
- Honesty – Don’t waste precious time lying. Nev talked about how there was one couple that he brought together who were both catfishing each other. A few months later, they fell in love and unfortunately, the man passed away. It is important for us to be honest with one another because we don’t know how much time we have left.
- Forgiveness – Nev is actually really good friends with the woman who Catfished him. He said that he is glad that he forgave her because it gave him a chance to hear her side of the story.
- Friendship – Having a certain number of friends doesn’t really matter. What does matter is having friends that you’re certain of. He did mention that it is nice to have three good friends but if your friends don’t drive, you might want to pick up a fourth.
- Why is it called a Catfish? Well I’ll let Nev tell you that himself. –> http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_9_WMc_WTI