By Molly Cline
As we say goodbye to winter, University of Illinois students have so much to look forward to in the spring after experiencing another brutal season in the Midwest. In light of the sunshine and longer days, I interviewed students across campus, asking them what they are most looking forward to this season.
1. Not wearing pants. Not wearing pants is great because there is more variety in fashion with shorts and skirts.
2. Seeing the pretty flowers around campus. Nothing makes a day brighter than seeing the beautiful scenery around campus.
3. Warm weather. For the past 3 or 4 months, it has been so cold! It will be nice to be able to go outside without 4 layers on.
4. No ice on the sidewalks. This one needs no explanation. Penguins should be the only ones sliding on their bellies in the winter.
5. Singing in the rain. “I’m singing in the rain. What a glorious feeling.”
6. Tan skin and sun highlights in hair. Won’t it be nice to not have pasty skin anymore?
7. Day Drinking. Friday afternoons drinking on the patio at KAM’S. What could be better?
Gif courtesy of dailyillini.com
8. Spring Break. Whether you are at home, or in some exotic country, there is always something to look forward to when spring break comes around.
9. Being able to exercise outside and having the option to walk to class. We wont have to rely on the buses to get us from class and the buses won’t be crowded all of the time.
10. Going to baseball games. Laying back in the bleachers and getting your tan on while watching a good baseball game seems like the perfect end to a long stressful school week.