By Tristin Marshall
As the semester draws to a close, it will be hard to say goodbye to your friends, your classes (yeah right!) and most importantly, your significant other. Three months of summer can seem like an eternity, but it can be conquered by staying connected in various ways.
The following are a few tips to keep the fire burning over the summer:
- Skype: Skype is the easiest way to see your honey every day, even if they aren’t there in person. It can be hard not seeing them for three months, but Skype will keep your image of them refreshed. From a new hairstyle to a tan, you will not miss a beat on their changing looks. Even if they look exactly the same all year round, it will still be nice to see their beautiful smiling faces.
- Snapchat: If he’s at work and she’s interning for her dream company, you can keep each other entertained throughout the day with Snapchat. The ten seconds of a silly video or a funny picture for only your eyes to see will make you feel special and it will continuously remind you of why you fell in love, or in like, with that person in the first place.
- Send each other presents: Everyone loves a surprise gift. Send your boo a picture in a frame or something tangible that reminds them of you. Even if it’s a t-shirt with your scent on it or your favorite chain that you want her to wear every day, it’ll be loved and appreciated, and it will keep you on his or her mind every time they see it.
- DON’T CHEAT!: This one is a given, but still necessary to note. If you are having second thoughts about this person once you are apart for a while, talk to them about it and see if you can make things better. Don’t just give up hope; it can be hard to be apart, but it can fixed with a few sweet words and quality time.
- Plan a trip to visit your significant other: Book a flight or plan a road trip to see your love. It will be a great time for to see how the other lives at home, and it will give you a taste of what their family is like. Your honey would love to show you all the things they’ve been telling you about from back home, and it will satisfy that longing that you’ve been feeling for each other while being apart.
***Remember: Absence makes the heart grow fonder. But don’t be too absent. Then you’ll be forgotten.***