By Kimberly Gleeson
“In the regular world, Halloween is when children dress up in costumes and beg for candy. In Girl World, Halloween is the one night a year when a girl can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it.” – Mean Girls
Fortunately, or maybe unfortunately for some, the rules for Halloween are different for couples costumes than in Girl World. Follow the these guidelines for a killer couples Halloween costume no other couples can say anything about.
DO: Get creative and have fun! Explore local thrift shops and boutiques for inexpensive costume elements. Take your partner shopping with you and make a date out of it. Be goofy; try on outfits you never would before. By the end of your shopping trip, you’ll walk out with a cute, unique idea!
1. Do you and your honey have a favorite childhood cartoon show? Go ahead and pick a fun dynamic TV duo like Bam Bam and Pebbles from the Flintsones.
2. Why not dress up as your favorite mixed drink like Vodka and Sprite or Coke and Rum?
3. Make a statement with a wacky theme like Beer and ‘Murica. Always a classic.
4. Showcase your inseperability by dressing up as everyone’s favorite snack — peanut butter and jelly.
5. Or…if you think that you and your partner are the ultimate power couple, then a striking duo like Cat Woman and Batman should do the trick.
DON’T: Don’t waste your time and money going to a costume store where you’ll over pay for a cheaply made costume that every other couple at the Halloween party will be wearing. Don’t make picking out a costume become a stressful situation. Respect your partner’s opinions and do not make them dress in anything that they will feel embarrassed about wearing.
Warning! Stay Away From:
1. Stop dressing up like cops, doctors or nurses. It’s too overdone.
2. Do not force your boyfriend to dress up as something too girly, especially if he is uncomfortable with it. This is a mutual decision. Pick something you two will enjoy.
3. Do not make your girlfriend dress in a degrading outfit. Just think: do you want your girlfriend parading around in lingerie in front of your mother, a group of guys or better yet, her ex? Leave the lingerie and bunny ears to Regina Gorge.
Let’s make Halloween a night to remember not a night to forget. Have a great Halloween! Dress responsibly.
2 thoughts on “The Do’s and Don’ts of Couples Halloween Costumes”
Massage toy is a useful relaxation device to own. I purchased one from the net. Great price check it out. Great article.
Thank you for the suggestion! And thanks for reading The Spread.